From: Mike Jones on

Can the Lynx browser's commandline flags be translated into lynx.cfg
entries? I've not found anything to suggest they can so far.

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Whiskers on
On 2010-08-10, Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:

> Can the Lynx browser's commandline flags be translated into lynx.cfg
> entries? I've not found anything to suggest they can so far.

What are you trying to do? I find this within the Lynx User Guide:

#v+
Lynx Users Guide v2.8.6 (p135 of 140)
Main configuration file lynx.cfg

Lynx has several levels of customization: from the Options Menu
(accessible on-line, and possibly stored in your local .lynxrc file),
via command-line switches on startup (mainly for batch processing). The
most important and numerous default settings are stored in the Lynx
configuration file lynx.cfg.

[...]

It is really cool to read lynx.cfg with its comments for hundreds of
options, most of them commented out because they are built-in defaults.
#v-

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Mike Jones on
Responding to Whiskers:

> On 2010-08-10, Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Can the Lynx browser's commandline flags be translated into lynx.cfg
>> entries? I've not found anything to suggest they can so far.
>
> What are you trying to do? I find this within the Lynx User Guide:
>
> #v+
> Lynx Users Guide v2.8.6 (p135 of
> 140)
> Main configuration file lynx.cfg
>
> Lynx has several levels of customization: from the Options Menu
> (accessible on-line, and possibly stored in your local .lynxrc file),
> via command-line switches on startup (mainly for batch processing).
> The most important and numerous default settings are stored in the
> Lynx configuration file lynx.cfg.
>
> [...]
>
> It is really cool to read lynx.cfg with its comments for hundreds of
> options, most of them commented out because they are built-in
> defaults.
> #v-

Yeah, and thats about all I can find online.

I've tried dropping a few -flags into the lynx.cfg, but there seems to be
two different ways to set things that don't "cross over". IOW, those
"several levels" seem to be designed to stay "several levels".

With Mplayer, for example, a -flag is interchangable with a config value,
but the same doesn't sem to be true for Lynx.

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Whiskers on
On 2010-08-10, Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:
> Responding to Whiskers:
>
>> On 2010-08-10, Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can the Lynx browser's commandline flags be translated into lynx.cfg
>>> entries? I've not found anything to suggest they can so far.
>>
>> What are you trying to do? I find this within the Lynx User Guide:
>>
>> #v+
>> Lynx Users Guide v2.8.6 (p135 of
>> 140)
>> Main configuration file lynx.cfg
>>
>> Lynx has several levels of customization: from the Options Menu
>> (accessible on-line, and possibly stored in your local .lynxrc file),
>> via command-line switches on startup (mainly for batch processing).
>> The most important and numerous default settings are stored in the
>> Lynx configuration file lynx.cfg.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> It is really cool to read lynx.cfg with its comments for hundreds of
>> options, most of them commented out because they are built-in
>> defaults.
>> #v-
>

> Yeah, and thats about all I can find online.

Try harder ;))

<http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-7/lynx_help/cattoc.html> That page is
a list of hyperlinks to detailed notes. I confess I haven't done much to
'personalise' my own copy of Lynx so I haven't had to make sense of all of
the docs!

> I've tried dropping a few -flags into the lynx.cfg, but there seems to be
> two different ways to set things that don't "cross over". IOW, those
> "several levels" seem to be designed to stay "several levels".
>
> With Mplayer, for example, a -flag is interchangable with a config value,
> but the same doesn't sem to be true for Lynx.

Unix and Linux tools don't all have the same 'house style' <shrug>.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Mike Jones on
Responding to Whiskers:

> On 2010-08-10, Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:
>> Responding to Whiskers:

>>> What are you trying to do? I find this within the Lynx User Guide:
>>>
>>> #v+
>>> Lynx Users Guide v2.8.6 (p135
>>> of
>>> 140)
>>> Main configuration file lynx.cfg
>>>
>>> Lynx has several levels of customization: from the Options Menu
>>> (accessible on-line, and possibly stored in your local .lynxrc
>>> file), via command-line switches on startup (mainly for batch
>>> processing). The most important and numerous default settings are
>>> stored in the Lynx configuration file lynx.cfg.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It is really cool to read lynx.cfg with its comments for hundreds
>>> of options, most of them commented out because they are built-in
>>> defaults.
>>> #v-
>>

>> Yeah, and thats about all I can find online.
>
> Try harder ;))
>
> <http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-7/lynx_help/cattoc.html> That page
> is a list of hyperlinks to detailed notes. I confess I haven't done
> much to 'personalise' my own copy of Lynx so I haven't had to make sense
> of all of the docs!
>
>> I've tried dropping a few -flags into the lynx.cfg, but there seems to
>> be two different ways to set things that don't "cross over". IOW, those
>> "several levels" seem to be designed to stay "several levels".
>>
>> With Mplayer, for example, a -flag is interchangable with a config
>> value, but the same doesn't sem to be true for Lynx.
>
> Unix and Linux tools don't all have the same 'house style' <shrug>.

Yup, I knows diss!

Looks like its -anonymous mode, or maybe a recompile.

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.