From: Martin Hierholzer on
Hello,

I own a Microsoft Wireless Presenter Mouse 8000, which comes with
a "Transceiver v3.0 for Bluetooth". On Windoze, the mouse driver installs
also a bluetooth driver, which allows me than to connect to any bluetooth
device (not only the mouse). Without any driver (on windows and linux), the
transceiver looks just like an USB HID mouse. Now I wonder, if I can use
the transceiver on Linux in bluetooth mode, e.g. for connecting a bluetooth
headset.
lsusb -v gives me two devices:

<quote>
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 045e:0713 Microsoft Corp.
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x045e Microsoft Corp.
idProduct 0x0713
bcdDevice 1.00
iManufacturer 1 Microsoft
iProduct 2 Microsoft� Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse
8000
iSerial 3 00125A58A1DD
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 34
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xe0
Self Powered
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Devices
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Boot Interface Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 2 Mouse
iInterface 0
HID Device Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 33
bcdHID 1.11
bCountryCode 0 Not supported
bNumDescriptors 1
bDescriptorType 34 Report
wDescriptorLength 387
Report Descriptors:
** UNAVAILABLE **
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0008 1x 8 bytes
bInterval 5

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 045e:0707 Microsoft Corp.
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass 0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol 0 Full speed hub
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x045e Microsoft Corp.
idProduct 0x0707
bcdDevice 1.00
iManufacturer 1 Microsoft
iProduct 2 Microsoft� USB Hub
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 25
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xe0
Self Powered
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 9 Hub
bInterfaceSubClass 0 Unused
bInterfaceProtocol 0 Full speed hub
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0001 1x 1 bytes
bInterval 255
Hub Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 41
nNbrPorts 3
wHubCharacteristic 0x0004
Ganged power switching
Compound device
Ganged overcurrent protection
bPwrOn2PwrGood 50 * 2 milli seconds
bHubContrCurrent 100 milli Ampere
DeviceRemovable 0xe8
PortPwrCtrlMask 0x62
Hub Port Status:
Port 1: 0000.0100 power
Port 2: 0000.0100 power
Port 3: 0000.0103 power enable connect
</quote>

Unfortunaly, there seems not to be any bluetooth transceiver, only a hub and
a hid. Any ideas how to get the bluetooth part working?

Thanks in advance
Martin

--
Sorry for the fake e-mail address, you need to remove ".NO" and "SPAM."
before sending me any mails...