From: Angry_American on
"John" <RealAddressIs(a)MySig.com> wrote in message
> After 15 or so years of using computers, this newb is about to embark
> on my first system build.
>
> I've been looking around at the reviews on Newegg, reading everything
> in this group that seems relevant, and Googling for whatever else I
> can find, and I'm thinking pretty seriously about the M2N-SLI Deluxe.
>
> It's overkill for me. I'm not a gamer and I'll never use SLI. But
> the board seems to get a lot of good reviews and very few bad ones.
> It's not the cheapest board out there, but it's not overpriced. I'm
> looking for reliability and I don't mind paying a few $ more to get
> it. It's fussy about memory, but that seems to be the case with
> almost every mobo I've looked at. I'm figuring on using two 1GB sticks
> of the Kingston mem from the QVL.
>
> Does anybody think I'm making a bad choice here? I'm about ready to
> pull the trigger on my Newegg order. Any reason I should not?
>
> To e-mail me, use jcarlson631 at optonline dot net

Great board, I use them in all my full form factor builds. I have the Pro
version in my gaming computer and love it as well. XP and Vista both run
great on this setup.

From: Spacebug on
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:51:48 GMT, "Sonja Garrett"
<sonjag(a)mindspring.com> wrote:

>I have this board on my other computer, and if you install Vista the
>DVD/CD-Rom will not work. There is no driver anywhere, and I have looked
>everywhere. Lots of people are having the same problem.
>Works great with XP, though. Rock stable.

Maby you need a bios update.
From: Sonja Garrett on
No. I ran Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told it was was incompatible with
Vista Ultimate OEM and that the DVD drive might not work, but I installed
anyway. A self inflicted wound! I now have the same board but the Vista
Edition, and it works flawlessly. I love ASUS boards, never before having
had a moment's trouble. Almost as good as the old IWILL.

From: Bill on
In article <W8p9i.18524$j63.9774
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, sonjag(a)mindspring.com
says...
> No. I ran Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told it was was incompatible with
> Vista Ultimate OEM and that the DVD drive might not work, but I installed
> anyway. A self inflicted wound! I now have the same board but the Vista
> Edition, and it works flawlessly. I love ASUS boards, never before having
> had a moment's trouble. Almost as good as the old IWILL.

<snip>

I Installed Vista Ultimate RC 1 on an older A8N 32 SLI
Deluxe and the DVD burners < NEC 3550's > worked fine.

Strange.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and
WebTV.
From: Sonja Garrett on
Strange indeed. I also have Vista Ultimate OEM on this board: A8N-SLI and
it's great. Not a single problem. I get all driver updates from Driver
Agent, and I am now happy with both setups.