From: Henry J. on
Would it be a good idea to re-create this table with a MDC on the date
column?

The table has about 67M rows, not too wide. It keeps 250 days of
data. There are around 270K rows on each day, variations are
small. On every day, the oldest date is purged and a new date is
added.

Is it a good idea if I add a MDC on the date column? I want to make
insert and select a bit faster. It's a critical table so I like to
gather some ideas before I start testing.

Thanks.

From: Serge Rielau on
On 7/14/2010 9:35 PM, Henry J. wrote:
> Would it be a good idea to re-create this table with a MDC on the date
> column?
>
> The table has about 67M rows, not too wide. It keeps 250 days of
> data. There are around 270K rows on each day, variations are
> small. On every day, the oldest date is purged and a new date is
> added.
>
> Is it a good idea if I add a MDC on the date column? I want to make
> insert and select a bit faster. It's a critical table so I like to
> gather some ideas before I start testing.
>
> Thanks.

Seems like a good use of MDC

--
Serge Rielau