From: Dave Goldman [MSFT] on
Brick level backups are not recommended because they copy the messages in to
the information store because:
A. Which creates a new messages and increases the information store size
B. This breaks the single instance storage schema
C. You can reintroduce corrupted items back to the mailbox
etc....

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
Download OABInteg from here: