From: Dewittian on
I know this might be a dumb question but I don't usually work with
MIDI much. I checked the help docs and all it said about quantize was
to select the notes after I've recorded them and then quantize them.

I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of control to quantize while i
record instead of after.

Anybody know about that?

Thanks,
From: polymod on

"Dewittian" <dewittian(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I know this might be a dumb question but I don't usually work with
> MIDI much. I checked the help docs and all it said about quantize was
> to select the notes after I've recorded them and then quantize them.
>
> I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of control to quantize while i
> record instead of after.
>
> Anybody know about that?

Hi Paul.

In your midi track there's a box for recording resolution. I believe it's
set to "quarter" by default. Make sure you check the box to engage. The box
will become yellow.

Larry

From: Dewittian on
On Mar 13, 1:01 pm, Ull <inleaguewithl...(a)hallsofasgard.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:02:29 -0800 (PST), Dewittian
>
> <dewitt...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >I know this might be a dumb question but I don't usually work with
> >MIDI much.  I checked the help docs and all it said about quantize was
> >to select the notes after I've recorded them and then quantize them.
>
> >I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of control to quantize while i
> >record instead of after.
>
> >Anybody know about that?
>
> >Thanks,
>
> SONAR has had MIDI input quantize for the last few versions. If that
> is your host you can find input quantize in the help file. I can't
> speak as to how well it works as I've never used it.
>
> Ben N. Moore

got it found it and it works thanks again Larry