From: Matt Fleming on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:57:16 -0700, Kevin Hilman <khilman(a)deeprootsystems.com> wrote:

> Note that dev_pm_ops version of the suspend hook no longer takes a
> 'state' argument. However, the MMC core function mmc_suspend_host()
> still takes a 'state' argument, but it is unused, so a dummy
> state variable was created to pass to the MMC core.

Hmm.. instead of passing this dummy state argument why don't we just
remove the argument from mmc_suspend_host()? Like you said, it's unused,
so I don't see a reason to keep it around?
From: Kevin Hilman on
Matt Fleming <matt(a)console-pimps.org> writes:

> On Tue, 11 May 2010 14:57:16 -0700, Kevin Hilman <khilman(a)deeprootsystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> Note that dev_pm_ops version of the suspend hook no longer takes a
>> 'state' argument. However, the MMC core function mmc_suspend_host()
>> still takes a 'state' argument, but it is unused, so a dummy
>> state variable was created to pass to the MMC core.
>
> Hmm.. instead of passing this dummy state argument why don't we just
> remove the argument from mmc_suspend_host()? Like you said, it's unused,
> so I don't see a reason to keep it around?

I don't see a reason either, but it requires patching the MMC core as
well as all the users. As I'm not an MMC core person, I thought this
best left to someone in that domain.

Fixing the core and callers could easily be done on top of this patch.

Kevin

From: Matt Fleming on
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 09:51:21AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:

> I don't see a reason either, but it requires patching the MMC core as
> well as all the users. As I'm not an MMC core person, I thought this
> best left to someone in that domain.
>
> Fixing the core and callers could easily be done on top of this patch.

I've sent a patch that fixes up all the callers now and Andrew has taken
it into -mm.
From: Kevin Hilman on
Matt Fleming <matt(a)console-pimps.org> writes:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 09:51:21AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>>
>> I don't see a reason either, but it requires patching the MMC core as
>> well as all the users. As I'm not an MMC core person, I thought this
>> best left to someone in that domain.
>>
>> Fixing the core and callers could easily be done on top of this patch.
>
> I've sent a patch that fixes up all the callers now and Andrew has taken
> it into -mm.

Very nice, Thanks.

Kevin