From: MowGreen on

From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830

" When the Malicious Software Removal Tool detects malicious software

The Malicious Software Removal Tool runs in quiet mode. If it detects
malicious software on your computer, the next time that you log on to
your computer as a computer administrator, a balloon will appear in the
notification area to make you aware of the detection. "

The notification area is usually in the bottom right hand corner of the
monitor/flat panel unless you've moved the Task Bar. Is that where
you're seeing the warning message ?

Also, the MRT creates an entry in the mrt.log, which is located in
Windows\debug, each time it does a scan.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MowGreen" <mowgreen(a)nowandzen.com>

| From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830

| " When the Malicious Software Removal Tool detects malicious software

| The Malicious Software Removal Tool runs in quiet mode. If it detects
| malicious software on your computer, the next time that you log on to
| your computer as a computer administrator, a balloon will appear in the
| notification area to make you aware of the detection. "

| The notification area is usually in the bottom right hand corner of the
| monitor/flat panel unless you've moved the Task Bar. Is that where
| you're seeing the warning message ?

| Also, the MRT creates an entry in the mrt.log, which is located in
| Windows\debug, each time it does a scan.

Good points!

The log file is...
%windir%\Debug\mrt.log

--