From: Neal on
After some Micro Soft Updates were applied I rebooted as requested. Opened
Outlook and got the following message >>

Task 'nkqx57a(a)hotmail.com: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported
error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server cannot be found.'

I did all the trouble shooting and recreated new profiles...still the same
cannot send or receive "the server cannot be found".

This is second time this has happened. The first time I had to un-install
Outlook and then re-install it. I am hoping I do not have to do that
again...lost some important e-mails.

Why does this always seem to occur right after Micro Soft Updates have been
applied????

From: DL on
It might depend on what updates were applied, eg is MS Update configured for
critical updates only, or?
Uninstalling Outlook has no impact on the outlook data files
Did you try opening outlook using the safe switch?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Neal" <Neal(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> After some Micro Soft Updates were applied I rebooted as requested. Opened
> Outlook and got the following message >>
>
> Task 'nkqx57a(a)hotmail.com: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported
> error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server cannot be found.'

You appear to be using the Outlook Connector. I'd try deleting the account
and re-adding it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Neal on
Yes critical updates only...

I have no idea what the full impact of Outlook problems may be. I only know
that all the e-mails of three different e-mail addresses were loast when I
experienced this problem.

Yes, I have tried "safe mode/switch"; still the same problem.

From: Neal on
After doing all the known trouble-shooting for Outlook, created a new .PST
and deleted all accounts. Re-created the accounts one at a time, each one
same problem.