From: dreamynomad on
I have just bought IBM Thinkpad X61S. In that there was a trial version of
Office 2007 which I uninstalled and installed Office 2003 instead. All other
programs are working fine except for Outlook.

I don't know what the problem is, but every time I receive or send mail, it
takes so long to process and outlook freezes (hangs up). For instance, when I
receive mail, the mail shows in my inbox, but in the send receive details, it
shows for instance, receiving 55KB of 57KB and gets stuck. Then I have to
force exit the program and when I reopen the Outlook the mail is there in the
inbox as received. I have rules for sending the mail to its designated folder
and sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Similarly, when I write mail and press the send button, it takes ages to
send and the whole thing freezes and takes time. But during this entire
process, other programs work just fine. For instance, after I finish writing
a mail and press the 'send' button, it will take a long time to send and
Outlook just freezes till the message is sent.

Please help and let me know what I should do.