From: utiler on
Hi guys, I thought I'd post a thread to see if others have any advice about
how to utilize Outlook as a day to day management tool.

I have for some time searched for the right management tool to assist in my
day to day planning as well as project planning but to no avail. The closest
thing I have found is a program called Inloox [www.inloox.com] which works
within Outlook to enhance its capabilities..... expect it is more expensive
that Outlook itself!!!!

Let me firstly explain my scenario. I am a sole practicing designer with a
PC and laptop that runs XP and Office 2003 on both. I hope to soon upgrade to
Windows 7 and Office 2010. I use outlook for email and calendar.

My work involves designing and project management so I need a program that I
can schedule projects and tasks and assign any emails, tasks, etc to that
project for ease of filing. I have seen MS Project and am aware you can set
up timelines and gantt charts and fully customize then and even incorporate
tasks into the timelines automatically.
I am also frustrated at having two email folders; one when i download on my
PC and one when i download on my laptop. I just want one place where I can go
and have all my emails, contacts, etc in one place..

Is there a way to do this with MS Outlook as it is or do you need MS Project
as well? it appears Project is way to advanced for this type of operation
which I'm sure what the company behind Inloox have created what they have.

Finally, we are all on the move all the time. This means that a program
needs to be web accessible I guess. The most important thing to me though is
security of data and the ability to back up content periodically in a format
that is universal so in 5 years time i can still access the info if needed....

Considering all this, does anyone know if a program that will provide a
solution? Is there an add-on for MS Outlook that incorporates the simple
management tasks of MS Project; similar to a LITE so to speak?

I value any feedback you may have.
kind regards,
Andrew
From: utiler on
Does anyone have any comments on this subject?
Cheers,
From: Tom Willett on
Nope.