From: Ron on
This is the question I want to ask Microsoft in regard to MS Project.

There is an option to print a report under "Assignments" called "To-do List "

When I print this report it cuts off the "task name" information and it
seems to be limited to 85 characters appearing in that column on the report.

I would like for this column to "wrap" the text to the next line so that all
the information appears.

Another (but less ideal) option would be if I could resize the column so
that all the information fits.

I tried altering the page margins, but this did not increase the column
widths.

I also tried using the "custom report" option...but, I could not get into
the actual report layout. This option only gave me the ability to alter
minor selections on the report.

I like this report because it gives me the weekly headers between the tasks.
I cannot re-create this in just the standard "view" option (where I can
actually see all the information in the taskname field).

--
Ron
From: Mike Glen on
Hi Ron,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

The report is based on the Entry table. So, from the Gantt Chart view,
View/Table:Entry/More Tables.../select Edit... whence the Table Definition
dialog should open. Adjust the Name column Width to be a higher number,
then try the report again.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at
this web address: <http://www.mvps.org/project/>

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-))

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP

From: JulieS on
Hi Mike and Ron,

Brilliant Mike! I never would have sleuthed out which table to change.

As a suggestion Ron, and you may have already discovered this based upon
Mike's fix, in the Table Definition dialog box you can also increase the row
height to get the wrapping effect you were asking about. The combination of
the increase in width and the increase in row height may just solve the
problem.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie

From: Mike Glen on
Hi Julie,

It wasn't that brilliant! When you edit a report it tells you the table
it's using :)

Mike Glen
Project MVP

From: JulieS on
Hi Mike,

As always, you are right ;-). I was originally trying to test your idea
using one of the cross-tab reports and had thise report structures in my
head...but apparently little else.

Julie