From: ai18ma on
Good Day,

I use FP at work on my laptop. On my desktop FP is not installed. So, I
started using MS Script Ediotr (MSSE).
It appears to me the MSSE does more or less the same thing as FP: There's a
Design Page to display the results and an HTML Editor.
My question: why use FP at all? What does FP offer that SE doesn't? For my
simple maintenance and development work, it seems quite adequate. For what
kind of work would one use FP?

Thanks in advance.

From: Dan L on
Since FrontPage was discontinued by Microsoft several years ago, no one is
using it unless in a legacy environment. I use it to maintain web sites that
I manage becasue of familiarity and functionality. MS Expression Web is the
replacement for FrontPage.

From: ai18ma on
Well Tom, you got a point! It really doesn't; I'm just curious why would MS
cannibalize its own product.

From: CJB on
On May 6, 2:34 pm, ai18ma <ai1...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Well Tom, you got a point! It really doesn't; I'm just curious why would MS
> cannibalize its own product.
>

> "Tom Willett" wrote:
> > If it works for you, what does it matter?- Hide quoted text -

I've looked to see if MSSE is installed with MS Office 2003 on my
laptop. But its not there. is it embedded in say Word, or is there a
separate download for it? I searched the MS web site and couldn't find
a download available. I'm running XP SP3. Many thanks - Chris B.