From: garynich on
hello. first time here. At startup, an error "CTFMON.EXE - unable to locate
component. this application has failed because MSCTF.dll was not found.
re-installing the application may fix the problem". My pc is slow, sluggish
and programmes slow to respond. I don't have a virus, nor any malware, etc. I
downloaded a microsoft Hotfix that may solve the problem, but didn't work.
This happened at the last microsoft SP3 update. Have tried system restore, no
luck. Can someone help, or advise how to correct this error please?
From: sgopus on
ctfmon is associated with office 2003.

What makes you so certain you don't have malware or virus, even the best
Antivirus software can be beat.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
No, this post is your second time here:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/d41a7d16b22f0311

From: Ben Myers on
"garynich" <garynich(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello. first time here. At startup, an error "CTFMON.EXE - unable to
locate
> component. this application has failed because MSCTF.dll was not found.
> re-installing the application may fix the problem". My pc is slow,
sluggish
> and programmes slow to respond. I don't have a virus, nor any malware,
etc. I
> downloaded a microsoft Hotfix that may solve the problem, but didn't work.
> This happened at the last microsoft SP3 update. Have tried system restore,
no
> luck. Can someone help, or advise how to correct this error please?

Expand a fresh copy of the "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSCTF.DLL" file
from your Windows XP CD or from the "C:\I386" folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888017

Ben