From: TedF on
In my Win 98 computer, VB6, IE6 with SP1.
When I open help in Visual Basic 6, and select any tab other than
the Contents Tab.
When I click a link in the page I get error:
mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio\MSDN98\98VSa\1033\vbenlr98.chm::/HTML/vafctdir.htm
Also the Example images on top of page don't show.
I tried changing Jave settings but would not fix the problem.
I did reinstall HTMLhlp, it seems that it fixed it but the
problem is back.
I think the problem started when I allowed upgrading
to IE 6.0 or IE SP1 ??? from Microsoft update page.
Hope somebody can help, thanks.

From: TedF on
The error I am getting is at:
"See Also" "Example" "Specifies" under lined links in the
VB help.
Above titles comes up as three large squares, similar to
missing image in a webpage.
below the top of the page html source code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<HTML dir=ltr>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">
<title>Dir Function</title>
<link disabled rel="stylesheet" href="msdn_ie3.css"></HEAD>
<BODY>

<h1><a name="vafctdir"></a>Dir Function</h1>
<object id=alink_1 type="application/x-oleobject"
classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11">
<PARAM name="Command" value="ALink">
<PARAM name="Font" value=",,,,underline">
<PARAM name="Text" value="Text:See Also">

From: MikeD on
> The error I am getting is at:
> "See Also" "Example" "Specifies" under lined links in the
> VB help.
> Above titles comes up as three large squares, similar to
> missing image in a webpage.
> below the top of the page html source code:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
> <HTML dir=ltr>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">
> <title>Dir Function</title>
> <link disabled rel="stylesheet" href="msdn_ie3.css"></HEAD>
> <BODY>
>
> <h1><a name="vafctdir"></a>Dir Function</h1>
> <object id=alink_1 type="application/x-oleobject"
> classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11">
> <PARAM name="Command" value="ALink">
> <PARAM name="Font" value=",,,,underline">
> <PARAM name="Text" value="Text:See Also">
>

> "TedF" <NoReply(a)xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>> In my Win 98 computer, VB6, IE6 with SP1.
>> When I open help in Visual Basic 6, and select any tab other than
>> the Contents Tab.
>> When I click a link in the page I get error:
>> mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio\MSDN98\98VSa\1033\vbenlr98.chm::/HTML/vafctdir.htm
>> Also the Example images on top of page don't show.
>> I tried changing Jave settings but would not fix the problem.
>> I did reinstall HTMLhlp, it seems that it fixed it but the
>> problem is back.
>> I think the problem started when I allowed upgrading
>> to IE 6.0 or IE SP1 ??? from Microsoft update page.
>> Hope somebody can help, thanks.

What do you have set for the active subset? This is found at the very top
of the navigation pane (the left pane). Is it set to "Visual Basic
Documentation" by any chance? If so, you can have problems with links
because the topics for those links are (in a very, and overly, strict sense)
not "documentation". Try setting the active subset to "Entire Collection"
and see if things work. If so, either leave it at entire collection or
create a custom subset (from the View menu, select Define Subset).

There are some known problems with MSDN Library, but this one is the closest
I can find to what you describe:

PRB: "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred" Opening HTML Help Topic
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193369/en-us

For example, if you didn't do a full install, you *could* get this error if
the CD is not in the drive. You *should* get prompted to insert the CD, but
I've seen where you sometimes don't and get this error instead. I also think
this error is more prone to occur with the stripped down MSDN Library
included with VB. I've never seen it happen with the "full" version, but I
definately remember it occuring with the "Visual Studio 6.0a" edition.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

From: TedF on
The "Entire Collection" was selected OK.
I fixed the problem by un-installing an IE update, stupid
me didn't write down the update number.
It had some of these numbers Q9872.
Most likely it is Q896358 HTML Help security update.
Thank you very much with your help.

From: TedF on
Just found an article about it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358

MS falling in its own wits, can't even read a help file.
MS trying to make windows web based was a big mistake.
Can't believe that IE settings controls the operating system,
instead of the other way around.
I am glad I never migrated to html help.

Pages: 1 2
Prev: VBA CODE - ADODB
Next: run time error