From: Scott on
Hi,

I have a mixed-mode Exchange 2003 environment (one Exchange 5.5 server,
multiple 2K3 SP2).

I've setup a new server with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2 -
its in a site with one DC (acting as Global Catalog) . I'm getting the
following errors.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8197
Date: 09/01/2007
Time: 10:01:45
User: N/A
Computer: DUB-EX03
Error initializing session for virtual machine DUB-EX03. The error
number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

On a restart of the server I get the following error once, along with
the 8197.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: Monitoring
Event ID: 1005
Date: 08/01/2007
Time: 17:00:39
User: N/A
Computer: DUB-EX03
Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing
connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your
system administrator if this condition persists. MAPI was unable to
load the information service emsabp.dll. Be sure the service is
correctly installed and configured. Microsoft Exchange Address Book ID
no: 00040380-0000-00000000>> occurred.

MAPI access to the server does not work. OWA access is fine. Calendar
and appointments were not working correctly but I fixed this using the
details in KB310440 (all of the FBPublish data was missing from the
registry).

I've read KB828764 and checked the registry for the key -
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\ExchangeAdmin<server name><GUID>

I have no keys at all under the Profiles key.

The Directory Access tab in Exchange System Manager shows the local
DC/GC as the automatically configured DC/GC. DCDIAG / REPADMIN show the
local DC is running correctly and is sync'ed with the other DC's.

Where should I go with this to get the server up and running correctly?

Cheers,

Scott

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On 9 Jan 2007 06:47:04 -0800, "Scott" <scott.english(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a mixed-mode Exchange 2003 environment (one Exchange 5.5 server,
>multiple 2K3 SP2).
>
>I've setup a new server with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2 -
>its in a site with one DC (acting as Global Catalog) . I'm getting the
>following errors.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/07/29/408394.aspx
"Those 8197 Free/Busy Errors "

From: Scott on
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The link covers all the same ground as KB828764, which as stated I've
worked through (I should have mentioned I tested the GC entry in AD as
per step 3 of the KB...)

I have managed to reboot the local DC/GC a few times and I now have the
required keys under HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\ExchangeAdmin<server name> <some GUID>

But, I am still getting MSExchangeSA 1005 once on startup and
MSExchangeFBPublish 8197 every 25 minutes.

This server is a new build so there should be no problem with MAPI
versions...

Cheers,

Scott

From: Simone on
I have the same issue - i was working through the KB article but i don't have
those registry keys :S