From: Brandon Goodman on
server:
Exchange 2003 SP1
Window 2000 Server SP4
3.2 gig P4
1 gig DDR RAM

issue: This is a brand new Exchange server which is also a domain
controller hosting a publicly exposed website. The virtual directories
created by Exchange 2003 for Outlook Web Access (/Exchange) work fine
and at one point, so did OMA. But now when browsing to
"http://servername/OMA" I get

"There is a configuration issue with Outlook(R) Mobile Access. Please
contact your administrator."

Also, in the Application event log, the following is logged:
Source: MSExchangeOMA
Category:(1000)
Event ID: 1511
the Microsoft(R) Exchange default domain at node /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/OMA
failed with error -2147024891"

I've been googling these error messages and event id numbers for 2 days
now and hafve yet to see an explanation that fixes my problem.
I've already tried running aspnet_regiis.exe to reset password with no
luck. Im desperate for any suggestions or any kind or hints.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
"Brandon Goodman" <brandonjg(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>server:
>Exchange 2003 SP1
>Window 2000 Server SP4
>3.2 gig P4
>1 gig DDR RAM
>
>issue: This is a brand new Exchange server which is also a domain
>controller hosting a publicly exposed website. The virtual directories
>created by Exchange 2003 for Outlook Web Access (/Exchange) work fine
>and at one point, so did OMA. But now when browsing to
>"http://servername/OMA" I get
>
>"There is a configuration issue with Outlook(R) Mobile Access. Please
>contact your administrator."
>
>Also, in the Application event log, the following is logged:
>Source: MSExchangeOMA
>Category:(1000)
>Event ID: 1511
>the Microsoft(R) Exchange default domain at node /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/OMA
>failed with error -2147024891"

-2147024891 = 0x80070005 = access denied

That *might* be a password or account problem, but I'd bet it's
probably a damaged metabase file. If you have a backup of the
metabase, restore it and see if the problem goes away.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Brandon Goodman on
Nope.. no metabase backups. The server is less than a week old. I've
not had a whole lot of .NET exposure yet so im not sure of all the
places that the framework needs username/passowrd administration. I
did find some info from another posting on a similar issue regarding
the username/password in the machine.config file. I tried using a
couple of different accounts there with no change in results. Is there
some other place I should be looking?

Thanks for the response Rich!

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
"Brandon Goodman" <brandonjg(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Nope.. no metabase backups. The server is less than a week old. I've
>not had a whole lot of .NET exposure yet so im not sure of all the
>places that the framework needs username/passowrd administration. I
>did find some info from another posting on a similar issue regarding
>the username/password in the machine.config file. I tried using a
>couple of different accounts there with no change in results. Is there
>some other place I should be looking?
>
>Thanks for the response Rich!

Extreme, but effective:

How to reset the default virtual directories for Outlook Web Access in
Exchange Server 2003 [883380]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Brandon Goodman on
That did the trick. I know I've deleted & recreated those exchange
shares manually using the Exchange System Manager before. I jsut never
deleted the metabase DS2MB branch before. Thanks again for the help
Rich.

For any others in the same boat, the direct link to the MSKB article
is:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883380