From: ChrisFromFlens on
Hi,

I'm running a set of vbscripts on different machines (XP and W2k). My
Problem is, that at the end of the process I want to see a hta, but
sporadicly the mshta.exe is running, but it's invisible. I can tell that's
it's working by watching the processlist and by provoking a reaction of the
hta, it's just not visble.

My vbscript starts a Batch by using the wshshell.run method:

set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objWSHShell.run("c:\mybatch.cmd", 7, true)

Everything is fine until here.

"mybatch.cmd" starts "showit.vbs":

start "c:\showit.vbs"

Still everything fine

"showit.vbs" starts "myapp.hta":

set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objWSHShell.run("c:\myapp.hta", 1, false)

This is whe my problem appears. The mshta-process is running, but the hta
will not appear on the deskop. I've not been able to provoke this, it just
happens sometimes.
BUT:
The hta works just fine as long as I'm starting it directly without having
any scripts or batches calling it.

Any ideas?
Christian
From: Mayayana on
I don't know whether this will solve it, but did you try
the HTA attributes?

<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
<HTA:APPLICATION SHOWINTASKBAR="yes" WINDOWSTATE="normal">
</HEAD>

From: ChrisFromFlens on
Hi Mayayana,

thanks for the hint, I was already using the WINDOWSTATE="normal", but I
haven't had the SHOWINTASKBAR="yes" in it.
I'll try and keep you posted

Christian