From: Julie Bove on

"Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" <juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks! That might be the problem. Oddly the right click button works.
>>> I don't know where she put the computer so I can't tell if it is working
>>> or not.
>>
>> That wasn't the problem. Neither was the mouse settings as the computer
>> store said. Guess I have to take it back again. This thing is a pain!
>
> I suppose it could be a driver problem. Make sure you get details
> from the person who fixes it, so you'll be ready for the next time.
>
> Interesting. I checked the MSI site, and for Touchpad Driver
> it reports "No Driver Needed". So maybe as shipped, it has no
> driver.
>
> There is a report here...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/review/RDJ370VZHUB17
>
> "On Synaptics website, I read in the FAQs something about the advanced
> functions being disabled if the computer recognizes a second mouse."
>
> The drivers are a bit weird, as I think they sit above the HID (human
> interface device) level and intercept what the user is doing to the pad.
> And then convert that into some other kind of event to the next layer up.
>
> Another thing, was the suggestion that MSI used two different pads
> in their products. Now, MSI probably thinks neither of them needs
> a driver. If you were to use a driver, it should probably match
> the hardware used. The driver would be intended to add features, such
> as the ability to gesture on the pad to implement scrolling.
>
> I'd probably take a look in the "Add/Remove" control panel thing,
> and see if a Synaptics driver had been added to the system,
> in an attempt to add features such as scrolling. By default,
> without a driver, there was apparently no scroll capability.
>
> The Synaptics driver has this kind of thing listed in its
> INF file, and maybe another brand wouldn't match these kind
> of strings. The VID is the vendor ID, while the PID is the
> product ID. 06CB probably belongs to Synaptics, and if
> another brand of touchpad was there, maybe the driver
> will not install. So you'd have to dig up what the system
> is reporting, assuming the pad is USB connected, and see
> what value it returns. If you can find the touchpad in
> Device Manager, try right-click:Properties:Details and
> look for something like a Device Instance Id or similar.
>
> [SynMfg]
> %USB.SynDeviceDesc%=USB_Inst, USB\Vid_06CB&Pid_0001
>
> For example, I can look up a USB VID/PID here. This is
> an informal list, since the official registry is a
> state secret :-) This list won't have everything, just
> the things people have added to the list.
>
> http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
>
> 06cb Synaptics, Inc.
> 0001 HID Device
>
> I would have expected those two buttons on the thing,
> to always be working. I don't see the logic of
> disabling only one of them, whatever happened
> [...]

Hmmm... That's a little over my head. I'm not a computer person. If I
plug a mouse in, the mouse works. Thanks though.

From: Paul on
Julie Bove wrote:

> Hmmm... That's a little over my head. I'm not a computer person. If I
> plug a mouse in, the mouse works. Thanks though.

If you find out what the fix is, post back.

The info I could find on the U123 was a little thin on details.

Paul

From: Julie Bove on

> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm... That's a little over my head. I'm not a computer person. If I
>> plug a mouse in, the mouse works. Thanks though.
>
> If you find out what the fix is, post back.
>
> The info I could find on the U123 was a little thin on details

Sure. I will.

From: Julie Bove on

> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmmm... That's a little over my head. I'm not a computer person. If I
>>> plug a mouse in, the mouse works. Thanks though.
>>
>> If you find out what the fix is, post back.
>>
>> The info I could find on the U123 was a little thin on details
>
> Sure. I will.

They think it is a fluke that they got it working again. An intermittent
problem. In other words, bad hardware. They are sending it back as
defective.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: weekend online sale - free shipping
Next: Troll