From: Lothar Behrens on
Hi,

I have implemented an installer for an application that should
optionally replaced. To enable removing previous versions I have
activated the option as in subject. After testing it once by adding
icons for the desktop symbols it worked as expected. But my next
version with some software changes didn't work.

If I remove the previous installation manually, I was able to install
the new version. What is the cause for this?

It is a online update and each new MSI file probably replaces the
previous version before the installation step starts.

Any help?

Thanks

Lothar