From: Lee on
I can't sign into msn with msn 7. It doesn't even display
an error, which i could fix, it just tries to sign in, then
stops trying. No error, nothing. it says I have
connectivity in the troubleshooter. Help!
Yes, my username and pass are right
From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings Lee,

Try this -- click Start, then Run, then type:
%appdata%\microsoft
and click OK.

Right-click the MSN Messenger folder and choose Delete. After all this, restart Messenger
and see if the problem has been corrected.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

From: anonymous on
Gents,

Looked at this, tried it.. but after 5 minutes the same
happened again. To give you some more info. We used MSN
6.2 which worked apart from the occasional connection
loss which can happen when connecting from the company
network. But when we upgraded to MSN 7 the 'fun' started.
When de-installing and reinstalling 6.2 it tried to log
on but when this was done, it said I could upgrade (YES
or NO option).. we selected NO.. but then it would result
in not wanting to log in anymore. We tried this on 4
pc's.. all the same problem. When the MSN 7 is logging in
and out like if he was a traffic light, we interupted it
and tried it again manually.. then an error code comes
800701f7

Jonathan Kay.