From: Phil Hunt on
Does anyone know how to avoid a column from truncation.
I know that you can resize the col, but how does the program know it is
being truncated. Plesae note I am not talking about wordwrap here.

Thanks

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Phil Hunt" <aaa(a)aaa.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how to avoid a column from truncation.
> I know that you can resize the col, but how does the program know it is
> being truncated. Plesae note I am not talking about wordwrap here.

What do you mean by truncation? VISUAL truncation? Or actual loss of data?

From: Phil Hunt on
Visual, of course.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Phil Hunt" <aaa(a)aaa.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Does anyone know how to avoid a column from truncation.
> I know that you can resize the col, but how does the program know it is being
> truncated. Plesae note I am not talking about wordwrap here.
>
> Thanks

TextWidth?

AFAIK, FlexGrid can't automatically adjust its column width to the
widest cell value. Your code has to iterate through all cell values.

Helmut.

From: Nobody on
Some 3rd party grid controls show ellipses(...) when the text is too wide to
fit in a column. True DBGrid is one of them:

http://www.componentone.com/SuperProducts/TrueDBGridPro/

Doing it on your own requires a lot of coding and subclassing, but the API
function to use to show ellipses is DrawText() function with DT_END_ELLIPSIS
or DT_WORD_ELLIPSIS constants.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: xy scatter plot