From: Wicksy on
Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell this key is for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

I've scoured the web and have found NO satisfactory explanation anywhere as
to its purpose.

From: roach on

"Wicksy" <wicksee(a)nospam-yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell this key is for:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
>
> I've scoured the web and have found NO satisfactory explanation anywhere
> as to its purpose.
>
>Think its something to do with the way explorer displays folder contents
>but i could be wrong

roach

From: sbb78247 on
Wicksy wrote:
> Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell this key is for:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
>
> I've scoured the web and have found NO satisfactory explanation
> anywhere as to its purpose.

It's a spanish key in windows as in MUI Cache (much cache)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

From: S.Heenan on
Wicksy wrote:
> Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell this key is for:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
>
> I've scoured the web and have found NO satisfactory explanation
> anywhere as to its purpose.

MUI=Multilingual User Interface, which is legit enough. If you use regedit
to browse to the above key, see if the following exist:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\aprload.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\monpop.exe

From:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/spyware.apropos.html

--
" No, it means that MS has found ways to incress revinue dispite
declining groth of market share." - Ralph, resident Hooked on

From: Wicksy on
Thank you for your response!

The values you mentioned were not present, however there was a value for
"spysharp.dll" in
there - which is how I discovered this reg key in the first place and
wondered what the
hell it is!

I've now cleaned all the suspicious stuff out of the MUICache key.

Thanks for your help.

"sbb78247" <sbb78247(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Wicksy wrote:
>> Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell this key is for:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
>>
>> I've scoured the web and have found NO satisfactory explanation
>> anywhere as to its purpose.
>
> It's a spanish key in windows as in MUI Cache (much cache)
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

Pages: 1
Next: spoolersv.exe