From: "Jeff Vandervoort" jeffv at jrvsystems dot on
At this writing, WS2008 R2 is not listed among the supported RDP servers for
the Mac RDP 2.0 client.

Anyone know if that's just because updating this page isn't a high priority
for MS webmasters, or is it truly not supported? If it works, does it do so
with WS2008-level functionality, or WS2008 R2 functionality?

TIA

--
Jeff Vandervoort
JRVsystems

From: Divya Bhagavan[MSFT] on
Hi Jeff,

Please see this reply from Don Geddes[MSFT] for your question -
The MAC RDC client should work to connect to 2008 R2, but you get no
additional functionality over connecting to a 2008 server. Most of the
features that shipped with RDS in 2008 and R2 are not supported by the MAC
RDC client. The main function is still just to get a Remote Desktop on the
Windows machine. I believe there are some bugs with PowerPC Macs running
the RDC Client and connecting to 2008 R2 but I believe Apple no longer
supports PowerPC Macs anymore (I could be wrong on that).

Thanks
Divya

From: "Jeff Vandervoort" jeffv at jrvsystems dot on
Thanks for that, Divya!

The most critical functionality to me is to publish specific applications by
RDP (not an entire desktop), and EasyPrint. Do you know if those are
supported by the Mac RDP client?

--
Jeff Vandervoort
JRVsystems

From: Divya Bhagavan[MSFT] on
Hi Jeff,

Please see this list provided by Nelly[MSFT]

The list of the functionality Mac client supports, no support of RemoteApp
(or published apps):
Mac RDP v2.x[latest client]
1. support universal binaries
2. OS: Mac OS X 10.4.9 release
a. Experience: Audio playback ,High resolution support, EasyPrint
b. Security: SSL/TLS and server auth, Client CredSSP support
c. Performance: Bitmap Codec: RDP6.0, Bulk Compressor: RDP6.0, Persistent
cache