From: nospam on
In article
<replytome-E3ECA3.15301613082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.
example.com>, Suze <replytome(a)thenewsgroup.com> wrote:

> > "Mac's don't get viruses" Or do they?
>
> I remember one time many years ago when my husband got some kind of Mac
> worm that necessitated his wiping his drive and re-installing the
> system. AFAIK, that is the only viral problem my hubbie or I have ever
> experienced on Macs. (He's been on Macs since around 1981 and me since
> 1995).

amazing that he had macs three years before they came out.
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <130820101348020025%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article
> <replytome-E3ECA3.15301613082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.
> example.com>, Suze <replytome(a)thenewsgroup.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Mac's don't get viruses" Or do they?
> >
> > I remember one time many years ago when my husband got some kind of Mac
> > worm that necessitated his wiping his drive and re-installing the
> > system. AFAIK, that is the only viral problem my hubbie or I have ever
> > experienced on Macs. (He's been on Macs since around 1981 and me since
> > 1995).
>
> amazing that he had macs three years before they came out.

Maybe he had a Lisa or Macintosh XL. : )

Or maybe by "around 1981" she meant 1984. Big deal.

JR
From: nospam on
In article <jollyroger-CD42B6.15534913082010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> > > I remember one time many years ago when my husband got some kind of Mac
> > > worm that necessitated his wiping his drive and re-installing the
> > > system. AFAIK, that is the only viral problem my hubbie or I have ever
> > > experienced on Macs. (He's been on Macs since around 1981 and me since
> > > 1995).
> >
> > amazing that he had macs three years before they came out.
>
> Maybe he had a Lisa

1983

> or Macintosh XL. : )

1985
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <130820101358368071%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > > amazing that he had macs three years before they came out.
> >
> > Maybe he had a Lisa
>
> 1983
>
> > or Macintosh XL. : )
>
> 1985

In that case, you should read the rest of my previous reply.

JR
From: Tom Harrington on
In article <lloydparsons-D8397D.14000713082010(a)port80.individual.net>,
Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons(a)mac.com> wrote:

> In article <o25b661gkr5r421ko94h8kn8pkn9hbmfgv(a)4ax.com>,
> Mike Barnard <m.barnard.trousers(a)thunderin.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > "Mac's don't get viruses" Or do they?
>
> Today they don't, who knows what tomorrow brings?

If it's a virus, today's virus software won't protect you.

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Independent Mac OS X developer since 2002