From: Man-wai Chang on
Is it a waste of money when AMD/Intel notebook computers are of the same
power and ease of use?
From: Conor on
On 18/06/2010 15:03, Man-wai Chang wrote:
> Is it a waste of money when AMD/Intel notebook computers are of the same
> power and ease of use?

This is my first Mac, its a 2009 13" Macbook Pro. Initially I bought it
for reasons you'd probably find insane - I sell laptops and usually
ended up selling the one I was using when I ran out of stock so spent a
load of money on one so I'd keep it. Went with the Pro because the
plastic Macbook felt flimsy in comparison and my laptops have a hard life.

The OS is unimportant to me, I'm happy with Windows or Linux and Mac OSX
is very Gnome like so was quite familiar.

For me, despite the fact that I no longer am enthusiastic about
computers as I once was, due to doing it for a living, I've found the
thing has grown on me.

Price? Made from solid aluminium, 7hr battery life with an expected 2
year life giving >80% of original its not really that expensive. It was
only about �100 more expensive than an equivalent decent named Windows
based laptop although they did have larger hard drives.

--
Conor www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk