From: Ben Eadie on
I would like to be lead in the direction of the macro code that...

The macro would:
1. open a drawing file
2. complete some tasks I have written code for
3. close and save the drawing
4. cycle through all the drawings in the folder and complete tasks 1 thru 3

Does anyone have a macro that does this or can lead me into the code to
do such a thing? Also things I would like to be able to do with this
code, would be to be able to open parts, and or assemblies, and or
drawings and any combination of the above

Ben
From: TOP on
Strangely enough that was presented at SWW2006. Earl Hasz was the
presenter. You will need a C# compiler and .NET 2.2 to get it going.
I'll try to remember to let you know when it is available.

From: Tony on
My guess is that Earl presented this in C# because .Net is the future. But
this can be done in VB and Windows Scripting Host. Use the WSH files
collection and then set a ModelDoc2 reference to the current file. Open the
file in SW, make your changes and use ModelDoc2.Save and .Close. Repeat for
each file.

Hope this helps.

Tony

From: That70sTick on
Everything listed can be done w/ standard VBA macro. No need for
compiled code. You will need to branch out a bit from stock macro
template and work w/ DSOfile object to sort through file folders.

Also, VBA does not grant license to use "Common Dialog" for file
open/save control or folder browser control. These has to be accessed
via Windows API calls.

From: Ben Eadie on
I am not much of a coder, I pretty much hack and paste what I need from
other macros that I could not create on my own. So does anyone have some
example code I can use.

I really want to take a API course but our local resellers do not seem
to have the people or inclination to have this course. Any on line
courses that anyone knows of so that I can go out on my own and just
start coding without annoying everyone? I have a little VBA under my
belt so I am hoping there is enough base there to work on.

Ben