From: joel on

The workbook created didn't havve macros enabled

Try this
from
Set Newbook = Workbooks.Add(template:=xlWBATWorksheet)
Set Newbook = Workbooks.Add(template:=xlWBATExcel4IntlMacroSheet)

Or

from
Newbook.SaveAs Filename:=Folder & client
Newbook.SaveAs Filename:=Folder & client, FileFormat:=xlExcel12

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: jc on
I am not running the macros from the new workbooks I have a workbook called
MyMacros I store most macros in. Will changing this to macro enabled
workbook allow the subtotals to be expanded from a macro ran from a
different workbook. All the code you helped with works great , just the new
workbooks have coppied the data from the original workbook and left it
compressed subtotal. Hence the new workbook has just 1 visible row until the
subtotal "+" in the far left column is expanded.
From: joel on

I tried to record a macro to expand the subtotals and no code was
recorded. Wouldn't it be simplier to just expand the subtotals once
before you run the macro?

From: jc on
That worked no problem.
Thanks Joel