From: Ricky Tompu Breaky on
Dear my friends,

Anybody has ever the same experience as I am having now with PHP5CGI
and Magento?

I'm using Apache, MySQL and Mandriva 2009.1.

What I've done is:
1. Downloaded the Magento from:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/getmagento/1.3.2.3/magento-1.3.2.3.zip
and some other from is from:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/download/get-started ;
2. Decompressed and put it into: '/var/www/html/magento';
3. Defined in the '/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf' :
"
<Directory '/var/www/html/magento'>
allow from all
</Directory>
";
4. I've create very2x simple php script in the directory of magento to
tes the php module:
"
<?PHP
echo "tes php";
?>
". And the result is looks OK. I can see "tes php" in my webbrowser.

But the problem is once I visit the :
'http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php' and the
'http://127.0.0.1/magento/install.php'; the result is totally
empty/blank.

Please share your knowledge and experience to me please.

I'm stuck now.

Thank you very much in advance.
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 02:34 +0700, Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:
> Dear my friends,
>
> Anybody has ever the same experience as I am having now with PHP5CGI
> and Magento?
>
> I'm using Apache, MySQL and Mandriva 2009.1.
>
> What I've done is:
> 1. Downloaded the Magento from:
> http://www.magentocommerce.com/getmagento/1.3.2.3/magento-1.3.2.3.zip
> and some other from is from:
> http://www.magentocommerce.com/download/get-started ;
> 2. Decompressed and put it into: '/var/www/html/magento';
> 3. Defined in the '/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf' :
> "
> <Directory '/var/www/html/magento'>
> allow from all
> </Directory>
> ";
> 4. I've create very2x simple php script in the directory of magento to
> tes the php module:
> "
> <?PHP
> echo "tes php";
> ?>
> ". And the result is looks OK. I can see "tes php" in my webbrowser.
>
> But the problem is once I visit the :
> 'http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php' and the
> 'http://127.0.0.1/magento/install.php'; the result is totally
> empty/blank.
>
> Please share your knowledge and experience to me please.
>
> I'm stuck now.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

A blank page with any PHP script is usually a good indication of a fatal
error where error messages are turned off. If this is a development
machine, turn errors on through the php.ini or .htaccess (you can't turn
them on via PHP as a syntax error there will prevent PHP from turning
error messages on). If it is a live server, then look to your error
logs.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Ricky Tompu Breaky on
Dear Ashley.

Firstly, thank you very much for your respond.

I uncommented this part of '/etc/php.ini':
"
display_errors
Default Value: On
Development Value: On
Production Value: Off
".

The result is my magento shows this in my webbrowser:
"
..:
Fatal error: Method Varien_Object::__tostring() cannot take arguments
in /var/www/html/magento/lib/Varien/Object.php on line 488
"

So I had a look into the '/var/www/html/magento/lib/Varien/Object.php
on line 488':
from line of 484-510:
"
public function __toString(array $arrAttributes = array(),
$valueSeparator=',') {
$arrData = $this->toArray($arrAttributes);
return implode($valueSeparator, $arrData);
}

/**
* Public wrapper for __toString
*
* Will use $format as an template and substitute {{key}} for
attributes *
* @param string $format
* @return string
*/
public function toString($format='')
{
if (empty($format)) {
$str = implode(', ', $this->getData());
} else {
preg_match_all('/\{\{([a-z0-9_]+)\}\}/is', $format,
$matches); foreach ($matches[1] as $var) {
$format = str_replace('{{'.$var.'}}',
$this->getData($var), $format); }
$str = $format;
}
return $str;
}
".

Sigh. I still don't understand where the problem located.

Please tell me what problem is it actualy?

From: Tommy Pham on
From: Ricky Tompu Breaky on
After googling.

I followed this thread:
"
http://spikomoko.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/magento-not-working-on-php-5-3/
".

But then, I'm bounched on this error in my webbrowser for visitting my
magento on my production server desktop:
"
..:
Fatal error: Call to a member function createDirIfNotExists() on a
non-object in /var/www/html/magento/app/Mage.php on line 644
".

Please keep telling me, where is the mistake.

Thank you very much.
===