From: David Empson on
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> Drivers are now available for the Magic Trackpad. You download them
> directly from Apple's web site, or from Software Update; however, they
> won't be available from SU until after you pair the trackpad with the
> computer. The update also adds functionality to some MacBooks, MacBook
> Pros, and MacBook Airs.
>
> Drivers are also available for Windows computers.
>
> Windows 32-bit: 6.6 MB
> Windows 64-Bit: 4 MB
> Mac OS X 10.6.4: 75 MB. HUH???

The Mac OS X version includes firmware updates for the built-in trackpad
on many recent Mac laptops, to add inertial scrolling (already on the
mid 2010 models) and three-finger swipe to move windows. It also
includes revised trackpad preference panes for system preferences, some
of which include video demos of the gestures.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: M-M on
In article <1jmcds1.1ri182w1yncq89N%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>,
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:

> The Mac OS X version includes firmware updates for the built-in trackpad
> on many recent Mac laptops, to add inertial scrolling (already on the
> mid 2010 models) and three-finger swipe to move windows. It also
> includes revised trackpad preference panes for system preferences, some
> of which include video demos of the gestures.

This is some pretty cool stuff. I like the inertial scrolling, not sure
about moving windows with 3 fingers though.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
From: David Empson on
M-M <nospam.m-m(a)ny.more> wrote:

> In article <1jmcds1.1ri182w1yncq89N%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>,
> dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:
>
> > The Mac OS X version includes firmware updates for the built-in trackpad
> > on many recent Mac laptops, to add inertial scrolling (already on the
> > mid 2010 models) and three-finger swipe to move windows. It also
> > includes revised trackpad preference panes for system preferences, some
> > of which include video demos of the gestures.
>

> This is some pretty cool stuff. I like the inertial scrolling

Yes, I instantly took a liking to that with my mid 2010 MacBook Pro.
Good to see it has been extended back as far as early 2008 models.

> not sure about moving windows with 3 fingers though.

At least that is a preference, if you want to keep the "next/previous
item" gestures.

I have no problem with command-drag for moving windows without
activating them, also works on older machines and with a mouse.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz