From: faceman28208 on
I need to create labels using a non-standard label. The manufacturer
has provided a Word template for the labels.

How can i do a mail merge into the template?

Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
Word you are using, which you have not stated.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Graham Mayor on
Cancel the dialog requesting the label and continue.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

From: faceman28208 on
On May 31, 6:49 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
> Word you are using, which you have not stated.

2007
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
1. Open a document based on your template.

2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Labels.

3. Dismiss the Labels dialog.

4. Go on to Select Recipients and the rest.

Or:

1. Create a document based on your template and save it.

2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.

3. Select Labels as the type and click Next.

4. In Step 2, select "Start from existing document" and select the document
you saved.

If you have already created a data source, I recommend Method 1 as much
easier.