From: GLT on
Hi,

I have a main form with a linked sub form which displays related records
when a record is selected on the main form.

Rather than use the record selectors at the bottom of the screen on the main
form to navigate records, I would like to create another sub form (#2) which
is unlinked, to the main form but contains a summary of all records on the
main form.

When a record is selected in Sub form # 2, I would like the main form to
jump to that record as well. If I link sub form #2, then only the current
record is displayed, not a complete list.

In essence what I am trying to achieve is an extra sub form that give a list
of records that the main form contains, and when a record is selected on the
sub form # 2 it is reflected in the main form and sub form # 1.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers,
GLT

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi,

On 26.01.2010 13:15, GLT wrote:
> In essence what I am trying to achieve is an extra sub form that give a list
> of records that the main form contains, and when a record is selected on the
> sub form # 2 it is reflected in the main form and sub form # 1.
Synchronizing multiple forms can be painful. In your case I would
consider using one synchronization method in the main form which is
called from the sub-forms when necessary. E.g.

Main form:

Public Sub Synchronize()

'your synchronization code here

End Sub