From: Marc Girod on
Hello,

Last time I updated my ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi module on CPAN, I made
one unfortunate error which had a result surprisiing to me: I added
one new pod file in the extra directory, named Configuration.pod.

My main documentation page is generated from the MGi.pm file, in the
top directory, and had been linked so far (i.e. until v 0.20) to the
ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi module line. E.g.:

http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.20/

Somehow, because of alphanumeric sorting order I presume,
Configuration.pod took over MGi.pm in:

http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.21/

In this page, clicking on ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi opens:

http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.21/extra/Configuration.pod

instead of the intended

http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.21/MGi.pm

So, what did I do wrong (failed to read what instructions), and how to
fix this properly in 0.22?

Thanks,
Marc
From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth Marc Girod <marc.girod(a)gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Last time I updated my ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi module on CPAN, I made
> one unfortunate error which had a result surprisiing to me: I added
> one new pod file in the extra directory, named Configuration.pod.
>
> My main documentation page is generated from the MGi.pm file, in the
> top directory, and had been linked so far (i.e. until v 0.20) to the
> ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi module line. E.g.:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.20/
>
> Somehow, because of alphanumeric sorting order I presume,
> Configuration.pod took over MGi.pm in:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.21/
>
> In this page, clicking on ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi opens:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~mgi/ClearCase-Wrapper-MGi-0.21/extra/Configuration.pod

This file contains

=head1 NAME

ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi Configuration

Since this is in the same form as the standard

=head1 NAME

Module::Name ABSTRACT

search.cpan.org is assuming it is the documentation for CC::W::MGi.

The solution is to change that NAME section, probably to

=head1 NAME

ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi::Configuration - Configuration for CC::W::MGi

or some such.

Ben

From: Marc Girod on
On Aug 5, 7:39 pm, Ben Morrow <b...(a)morrow.me.uk> wrote:

> This file contains
>
>     =head1 NAME
>
>     ClearCase::Wrapper::MGi Configuration

Thanks Ben!
I completely missed it, obvious as it is after you wrote it...

Marc