From: Jacob Dieter Jacob on
I am writing a formula that references multiple cells as the possible source
cell depending on certain parameters being met. My question is whether
anyone knows how to maintain the formatting in the display cell? My possible
source cells all contain different number formats (i.e. -1234.0 and
##00.0E-+00). Is there a way to write this into the formula, or is there a
formatting option that allows you to keep the source cell's format? Any help
would be great!
From: Rick Rothstein on
Use the TEXT function to apply the same format to the values from the
referenced cells as was used on those referenced cells directly. For
example, if A1 has the value 1234, but is displaying it as 1234.0 and B1 has
a date value displayed as 18Jan2010, then you could use them in an example
formula like this...

="A1 is showing "&TEXT(A1,"0.0")&" and B1 is showing "&TEXT(B1,"ddmmmyyyy")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)