From: Alexmela78 on
Hi,
I have configured two maintenance plan to make backup of all databases.
one nightly to backup from monday to saturday and
one weekly to backup on sunday.

the filename of all backup has generated automatically from the system and
it is:
<db-name>_backup_<date>_<random numbers>.bak.

is it possible add in file name a word? example. to backup from mon to sat,
filename_daily.bak and to backup on sunday filename_weekly.bak

Thanks

Alexmela78
From: TheSQLGuru on
I recommend you stop using maintenance plans and control your maintenance
yourself. See ola.hallengren.com for some marvelous scripts for doing just
that.

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

From: Manpreet Singh on
Hi,

You can not do this through Back Up Database Task. but you can add a script
task after it and rename databases ones backup task get over. This is only
workaround to rename backups using maintenance plan. But my advice is to
create a job using TSQL scripts. This will give you much more control over
your backups.

Manpreet Singh
http://crazysql.wordpress.com/
MCITP (DBA, Developer) SQL Server 2005