From: Andy on
I already have a rroutine set up and part of that is a make table query. One
of my fields has some values as G35.X and some as G35X.

I want to make this field in my make table query read G35X for all. I do not
want to run update queries or find/replace and want in my make table
definition some code that when creating this field to remove the "." where it
exists. Is this possible?
Thanks
From: Andy on
Sorry, I should have made clear I can't just set the field to "G35X" as there
are other values with the "." !

From: XPS350 on
On 5 mei, 11:41, Andy <A...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I already have a rroutine set up and part of that is a make table query. One
> of my fields has some values as G35.X and some as G35X.
>
> I want to make this field in my make table query read G35X for all. I do not
> want to run update queries or find/replace and want in my make table
> definition some code that when creating this field to remove the "." where it
> exists. Is this possible?
> Thanks

You can replace an make a table at the same time:
SELECT Replace(YourCode,".","") AS NewCode INTO T2 FROM T1;

Groeten,

Peter
http://access.xps350.com
From: Andy on
Thanks for your reply. Could you clarify a little more please as I usually
write things in design view and am not very good with SQL view. Also, what
are T1 and T2?

Thanks

From: XPS35 on
=?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?= wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Could you clarify a little more please as I usually
> write things in design view and am not very good with SQL view. Also, what
> are T1 and T2?
>
> Thanks
>
> "XPS350" wrote:
>
>> On 5 mei, 11:41, Andy <A...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > I already have a rroutine set up and part of that is a make table query. One
>> > of my fields has some values as G35.X and some as G35X.
>> >
>> > I want to make this field in my make table query read G35X for all. I do not
>> > want to run update queries or find/replace and want in my make table
>> > definition some code that when creating this field to remove the "." where it
>> > exists. Is this possible?
>> > Thanks
>>
>> You can replace an make a table at the same time:
>> SELECT Replace(YourCode,".","") AS NewCode INTO T2 FROM T1;
>>

>> Groeten,
>>
>> Peter
>> http://access.xps350.com
>> .

T1 is the name of your original table (with G35.X-like values), T2 is
the table to be created. Change those to the names you want.
YourCode is the field name in T1 containing "G35.X". Change that name
also.

You can enter the string in SQL-view and switch to design view to see
what it looks like in that view. You can also make the changes you need
in design view.

--
Groeten,

Peter