From: Mr. X. on
Hello.
I want to design a screen.
There are some compoents on screen, which I can drop on.
I.e : Button.

So, it should act as button at the design time.
How can I drop real button on the screen (a panel), and don't have a chance
to click on it (I don't want any event occurs on the new button, because it
should act as design mode).
DesignMode is readonly propery.
How can I solve the above problem ?

Thanks :)

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 10.06.2010 23:18, schrieb Mr. X.:
> I want to design a screen.
> There are some compoents on screen, which I can drop on.
> I.e : Button.
>
> So, it should act as button at the design time.
> How can I drop real button on the screen (a panel), and don't have a
> chance to click on it (I don't want any event occurs on the new button,
> because it should act as design mode).
> DesignMode is readonly propery.
> How can I solve the above problem ?

Do you want to create a Windows Forms designer which users can use at
runtime to design forms?

Or do you want to create a component which doesn't have any visual
appearance at runtime, except in the components tray at design time?

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: Mr. X. on
"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" :
> Do you want to create a Windows Forms designer which users can use at
> runtime to design forms?
>
> Or do you want to create a component which doesn't have any visual
> appearance at runtime, except in the components tray at design time?

The first choice.
It is like mini form designer.

Thanks :)
From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 12.06.2010 06:47, schrieb Mr. X.:
> The first choice.
> It is like mini form designer.

Hosting Windows Forms Designers - developer Fusion - ASP.NET, C#
Programming, VB.NET, .NET Framework, Java and Visual Basic Tutorials
<URL:http://www.developerfusion.com/article/4351/hosting-windows-forms-designers/>