From: bnmohan via OfficeKB.com on
Hi!

I have an excel file that needs iteration. However, it appears the setting
saved with the file is sort of global: If it is opened with a fresh instance
of Excel, the Iteration flag is set on; but if it is opened through an
already running instance of Excel with the Iteration flag off as default, the
iteration flag remains off: and I get a Circular Reference error.

Is there a way I can make the iteration flag on for a specific file? ie if
one instance of Excel opens many files including this one: the iteration flag
is on for this file, and the default excel setting applies to other files?

Is there a way to atleast force the iteration flag on while opening the file,
and set it back to default while closing? (Though this could cause
unpredictable results if the user interferes, or is unaware of the situation)

I am unable to program the loop to remove the need for iteration: as the loop
function is a step function

Mohan

From: Dave Peterson on
Record a macro when you change this calculation setting.

Name it Auto_Open

When you open this workbook (and allow macros to run), excel will change
calculation mode. The workbook will open in whatever mode is currently set, but
will change as soon as the code runs.

If you need to have the workbook open in manual calculation, you could create a
dummy workbook that changes the calculation mode and then opens your real
workbook. Then closes itself.

And always use this dummy workbook to open your real workbook.

"bnmohan via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have an excel file that needs iteration. However, it appears the setting
> saved with the file is sort of global: If it is opened with a fresh instance
> of Excel, the Iteration flag is set on; but if it is opened through an
> already running instance of Excel with the Iteration flag off as default, the
> iteration flag remains off: and I get a Circular Reference error.
>
> Is there a way I can make the iteration flag on for a specific file? ie if
> one instance of Excel opens many files including this one: the iteration flag
> is on for this file, and the default excel setting applies to other files?
>
> Is there a way to atleast force the iteration flag on while opening the file,
> and set it back to default while closing? (Though this could cause
> unpredictable results if the user interferes, or is unaware of the situation)
>
> I am unable to program the loop to remove the need for iteration: as the loop
> function is a step function
>
> Mohan

Dave Peterson