From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on
I have an excel file that I imported into Access. There are 5 fields.
Item 1-5
The item names are in column 1 and column 3. I need to combine the two
columns in to just one column. Can this be done?

Thanks for your help and reply.

From: KARL DEWEY on
Use a calculated field --
Combined: [column 1] & " - " & [column 3]

Or omit the dash and use one space or comma and a space as you wish it to be
displayed.

You could add a new field in your table and run an update query but that is
probably not a good idea as it is always harder to split data when needed
than to combine as above for display.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on