From: cr113 on

I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy and make my Access
2007 application more professional looking. The database is readonly
so I'm thinking I can save it as a .accde file and give that to the
user. I'd like to be able to disable and hide the ribbon and all menu
commands. I really only want to display the forms that I have created
if possible. Also any tips on how you display your forms would be
appreciated. Do you always have them maximized to fill the screen,
etc?

I don't want to split the database or use Access runtime.
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"cr113" <cr113(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy and make my Access
> 2007 application more professional looking. The database is readonly
> so I'm thinking I can save it as a .accde file and give that to the
> user. I'd like to be able to disable and hide the ribbon and all menu
> commands. I really only want to display the forms that I have created
> if possible. Also any tips on how you display your forms would be
> appreciated. Do you always have them maximized to fill the screen,
> etc?
>
> I don't want to split the database or use Access runtime.

Just execute a

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

If you execute the above, then the ribbon, office button, everything will be
hidden...

However, making something look more "cool", that really just a matter of
your taste, but I recent thread of mine at UA has some good suggestions
here:

http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=83&Number=1916476&Zf=&Zw=&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1916379&Search=true&where=&Zu=120391&Zd=l&Zn=&Zt=e1&Zs=&Zy=#Post1916476&Zp=

At the end of the day, really, it really a blank canvas, and whatever kind
of look and feel you want is very much of your own doing and choice.

Be creative!

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada