From: chuck on
While restoring an older PC yesterday, I installed
XP Pro with SP 1 and 2. Got out my old SP3 CD but
ran into CRC probs. Downloaded SP3 from M'soft
as an EXE file, which worked fine.

Do not remember where I got the older SP3 disc,
but it has autorun, and an htm file with installation
information. I would really like to build something
like this from the EXE fle.

How would I create an SP3 disc with autorun
and all from the downloaded SP3 EXE file??

chuck
From: Bob I on
See link
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/slipstream-xp-service-pack-3.shtml

From: Big_Al on
chuck said this on 7/7/2010 6:47 AM:
> While restoring an older PC yesterday, I installed
> XP Pro with SP 1 and 2. Got out my old SP3 CD but
> ran into CRC probs. Downloaded SP3 from M'soft
> as an EXE file, which worked fine.
>
> Do not remember where I got the older SP3 disc,
> but it has autorun, and an htm file with installation
> information. I would really like to build something
> like this from the EXE fle.
>
> How would I create an SP3 disc with autorun
> and all from the downloaded SP3 EXE file??
>
> chuck

You download SP3.iso here and burn your disc. Its just like ordering
it from MS.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en

From: chuck on
Big_Al wrote:

> You download SP3.iso here and burn your disc. Its just like ordering it
> from MS.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en

Yup, found it eventually! Many thanks.

Searching on the M'soft update site ain't easy.
Thinks as an individual I ought not download this
ISO file, Dunno why not.

thanks again

chuck

From: Gib R. Ish on

"chuck" <cciafNOSPAMfone(a)verizonNOSPAMk.net> wrote in message
: Big_Al wrote:
:
: > You download SP3.iso here and burn your disc. Its just like ordering it
: > from MS.
: >
: >
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en
: >
:
: Yup, found it eventually! Many thanks.
:
: Searching on the M'soft update site ain't easy.
: Thinks as an individual I ought not download this
: ISO file, Dunno why not.
:
: thanks again
:
: chuck
The one you want to download is here (ignore that it says for IT
professionals, anyone can use it)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5b33b5a8-5e76-401f-be08-1e1555d4f3d4