From: KM on
My objective is to use VB to hide the footer in a report. I am using the
following:
Reports("" & ReportName & "").Section(ReportFooter).Visible = False
where Reportname is just that.

However it hides the details section.
How does one hide the footer?
From: KM on
Just found a soluton that works. But is there a btter way?
Reports("" & ReportName & "").Section(2).Visible = False

From: Duane Hookom on
I would use code in the On Format event of the Report Footer Section. You
never told us how the visibility is determined or how the report is opened.
Try code like:

Cancel = (Forms!frmRptOpen!chkHideFooter = True)

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: John Spencer on
You can use the acReportFooter (which is equal to 2)

The section constants that are available are

Value Constant Description
0 acDetail Form detail section or report detail section
1 acHeader Form or report header section
2 acFooter Form or report footer section
3 acPageHeader Form or report page header section
4 acPageFooter Form or report page footer section
5 acGroupLevel1Header Group-level 1 header section (reports only)
6 acGroupLevel1Footer Group-level 1 footer section (reports only)
7 acGroupLevel2Header Group-level 2 header section (reports only)
8 acGroupLevel2Footer Group-level 2 footer section (reports only)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County