From: Wombat on
Is this possible? I've tried but the text in the cell always sticks to the
right...
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Yes.

In EXCEL 2007 for cell D4:-

1. Right hand click in cell and select Format Cells.

2. Format Cells should launch.

3. Number tab / Currency setting on left hand side / set Symbol: to $
English (United States) / OK

4. Enter 100 into the cell so that it appears as follows:-

$100.00

5. Home / Alignment group / Center

Cell D 4 is correctly centred.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

From: Wombat on
Excel 2003 I'm afraid!

From: trip_to_tokyo on
Should still be something very similar.

From: Fred Smith on
It's on the Alignment tab of the Format Cells dialogue box.

In the future, tell us what you tried, and your version of Excel.

Regards,
Fred