From: Jonno on
Hi,

I have a set off data like this......

Jonno 3
Alex 5
Jonno 5
Simon 5
Alex 3

and i have a formula to calculate the total sum of jonno's (i.e 8)

but i would like it to calculate if its not jonno i.e simon and alex (18)

am thinking this will be possible but i cannot figure out how.

Thanks in advance,
--
Jonno
From: Gary''s Student on
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"<>jonno",B1:B5)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

From: Bob I on
total sum - sum of jonno's

From: Jim Thomlinson on
A couple of possible solutions...
With SumIf
=SUM(B2:B10) - SUMIF(A2:A10, "=Jonno", B2:B10)
With SumProduct
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10<>"Jonno"), B2:B10)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Jonno on