From: Faisal on
Raymond Chen's blog says, messages like WM_PAINT, WM_QUIT messages are
treated in special way.
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/11/04/489028.aspx

ie, even if more than one message is posted, system combines the
messages only once the windowprocedure is called.
I need this behaviour for a WM_APP or registered message. Is it
possible?
From: David Lowndes on
>Raymond Chen's blog says, messages like WM_PAINT, WM_QUIT messages are
>treated in special way.
>http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/11/04/489028.aspx
>
>ie, even if more than one message is posted, system combines the
>messages only once the windowprocedure is called.
>I need this behaviour for a WM_APP or registered message. Is it
>possible?

You'd need to roll it yourself - use PeekMessage to filter for your
specific message.

Dave
From: Goran on
On Feb 8, 10:43 am, Faisal <faisal...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Raymond Chen's blog says, messages like WM_PAINT, WM_QUIT messages are
> treated in special way.http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/11/04/489028.aspx
>
> ie, even if more than one message is posted, system combines the
> messages only once the windowprocedure is called.
> I need this behaviour for a WM_APP or registered message. Is it
> possible?

As David said, you can roll your own easily and I don't know of any
mechanics supported by the system either.

That said... It's a strange question. It seems to me that you are not
asking with an explanation of a problem, but with an explanation of a
solution. That's usually a wrong way to ask. What exactly are you
trying to do? If you explain your problem, someone could help much
better.

And finally, could it be that some OnIdle scheme could work for your
case, did you consider that?

Goran.