From: Dean Garrett on
I have an infected Win XP/Pro PC with something called "Antispyware Soft".
This malware takes over all parts of the computer: can't browse any site
other than the one the virus directs to, can't open a DOS box, can't run
REGEDIT ...

My question is about MS Security Essentials. I have it loaded on the PC, but
it DID NOT detect the virus as it infected the computer. If I run a full
scan, will SE find and eradicate this malware? SE has downloaded the most
recent updates.

If SE can't handle this malware, what will?

Please help!

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Dean Garrett" <DeanGarrett(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| I have an infected Win XP/Pro PC with something called "Antispyware Soft".
| This malware takes over all parts of the computer: can't browse any site
| other than the one the virus directs to, can't open a DOS box, can't run
| REGEDIT ...

| My question is about MS Security Essentials. I have it loaded on the PC, but
| it DID NOT detect the virus as it infected the computer. If I run a full
| scan, will SE find and eradicate this malware? SE has downloaded the most
| recent updates.

| If SE can't handle this malware, what will?

| Please help!

Somhow you seem to have attached to another's thread.

Please read..
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=e6d22df65e8dec2eae351875ecb2b04f&showtopic=49527

Download, install, update and then execute, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Dave

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Dean Garrett" <DeanGarrett(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an infected Win XP/Pro PC with something called "Antispyware
>Soft".
> This malware takes over all parts of the computer: can't browse any
> site
> other than the one the virus directs to, can't open a DOS box, can't
> run
> REGEDIT ...

This is typical rogue security scareware behavior. Not a virus really,
you should have stuck to calling it just "malware".

> My question is about MS Security Essentials. I have it loaded on the
> PC, but
> it DID NOT detect the virus as it infected the computer.

Any "solution" you use will occasionally miss some - especially any
*new* ones.
(some are more prone to false (+/-) than others are)

> If I run a full
> scan, will SE find and eradicate this malware?

If it missed it coming in, there's a good chance it will miss it when
full scan is selected.

> SE has downloaded the most
> recent updates.
>
> If SE can't handle this malware, what will?

I hear both "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" and "SUPERAntiSpyware" often
recommended.

IMO "bleepingcomputer.com" has been doing a great job trying to stay
current with regard to these pests, sometimes HJT or ComboFix data
analysis is the recommended way to fix a problem. Search for your
specific annoying application.

From: Johnw on
Dean Garrett used his keyboard to write :
> I have an infected Win XP/Pro PC with something called "Antispyware Soft".
> This malware takes over all parts of the computer: can't browse any site
> other than the one the virus directs to, can't open a DOS box, can't run
> REGEDIT ...
>
> My question is about MS Security Essentials. I have it loaded on the PC, but
> it DID NOT detect the virus as it infected the computer. If I run a full
> scan, will SE find and eradicate this malware? SE has downloaded the most
> recent updates.
>
> If SE can't handle this malware, what will?
>
> Please help!

Antispyware Soft

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Antispyware+Soft&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=8ef692b29ab1643e

http://www.myantispyware.com/2010/04/15/how-to-remove-antispyware-soft-uninstall-instructions/

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antispyware-soft.html

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Johnw" <johnmattmel(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dean Garrett used his keyboard to write :
>> I have an infected Win XP/Pro PC with something called "Antispyware
>> Soft". This malware takes over all parts of the computer: can't
>> browse any site other than the one the virus directs to, can't open a
>> DOS box, can't run REGEDIT ...
>>
>> My question is about MS Security Essentials. I have it loaded on the
>> PC, but it DID NOT detect the virus as it infected the computer. If I
>> run a full scan, will SE find and eradicate this malware? SE has
>> downloaded the most recent updates.
>>
>> If SE can't handle this malware, what will?
>>
>> Please help!
>
> Antispyware Soft
>
> http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Antispyware+Soft&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=8ef692b29ab1643e
>
> http://www.myantispyware.com/2010/04/15/how-to-remove-antispyware-soft-uninstall-instructions/
>
> http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antispyware-soft.html

I googled "bleeping antispyware soft" without the quotes and got this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antispyware-soft