|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Help...I'm infected!!
You may have already resolved this by now, but I would try running the ESET Online Scanner at www.eset.com/online-scanner. I had a Microsoft Live OneCare saftey online scan find "Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.I", but it wasn't able to remove it (probably due to the fact that it was posted in Microsoft's malware e... 3 Jun 2010 19:03
End of day 6/1 and this group is still here
Well, it's the end of the day on 6/1 and this group is still here. -- You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that. Trust yourself. spam999free(a)rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address) ... 4 Jun 2010 00:32
Trojan
I am using trend for security. It keeps saying that there is TROJ_GEN.PAE251E inside the file ppeehnvtssd. Trend for some reason can't remove it. ... 31 May 2010 21:52
Monitors and virus?
My CRT, 8 year old monitor has been doing some color changes on its own lately. This is what happens: The screen darkens somewhat or the colors all of a sudden turn in the pink tones hue... One is still able to do all the things normally and vision is not impaired. But it is quite noticeble and affects the ENTI... 31 May 2010 22:57
Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 30 May 2010 23:01
PC Defender in System Restore
Whilst having problems with a series of BSODs over the last couple of days, I had a look in system restore with the mad thought in mind that at some point it could help but mainly with the intention to check to see if I can restore at any point during the 100 Software Distribution Service 3 entries since Feb 24 201... 26 May 2010 20:18
PC Defender in System Restore
Whilst having problems with a series of BSODs over the last couple of days, I had a look in system restore with the mad thought in mind that at some point it could help but mainly with the intention to check to see if I can restore at any point during the 100 Software Distribution Service 3 entries since Feb 24... 2 Jun 2010 22:02
Can't believe what I read
Funny thing. I did a google search for this exact same problem and stumbled upon this forum article. It cannot be described any better in the first post. The error is as it is stated. What good were the responses to do a google search? Classic. I too, tried the same things as the original poster indicated in attem... 26 May 2010 19:12
Malware: "Antispyware Soft" !!
I have an infected Win XP/Pro PC with something called "Antispyware Soft". This malware takes over all parts of the computer: can't browse any site other than the one the virus directs to, can't open a DOS box, can't run REGEDIT ... My question is about MS Security Essentials. I have it loaded on the PC, but ... 24 May 2010 11:15
svchost.exe connection on to rogue IP:
Hi, I have windows 7 on one of my machines, and I ran TCPView (Sysinternals) and it's showing svchost.exe always connected to the following IP Addresses: 91.212.198.188 91.212.226.33 I have attached a pic of it. Am i infected with a virus?? http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8135/inspect1.jpg -- faifuhi ... 22 May 2010 18:13
how do virus spread via network shares?
I can see a virus getting in the shared folder by adding a file or maybe editing a files already there but how would it get run. windows xp and vista latest sp's auto windows update's. only one folder is shared c:\share\. the pctool's firewall is blocking the laptop except when I need to transfer files. was reall... 26 May 2010 19:12
Banned IP Address, May have Cause By Trojan or Worm!
I post this in Newsgroups: comp.virus and did not get any respond. Hi, this may not be the usergroup to post my problems. However, it involve Trojans and worms which infected my computer and may have contributed to my problems. Two months ago, I encounter difficulties setting Eudora mail client. Finally I had ... 19 May 2010 18:17
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 19 May 2010 06:05
Do I have a virus?
Windows7 is the only operating sys installed. Several months ago, Windows boot manager started appearing at startup and after starting, when I clicked on start, I would get a small progress bar across the search area. After that the screen would go dark momentarily and then go back to normal. The same thing woul... 17 May 2010 09:08
264 Rogue.Reg tools
I have Windows XP SP3 A Malwarebytes scan has identified 264 files as Rogue.Reg tools in my application data folder. They are all named the same as follows; Regtool\QuarantineW\2009-02-28\14-12-400\regb..... ;each is then followed by a number starting from 0 to 264. Does anyone know what they are and would ... 19 May 2010 00:42
snopes.com: F1 Key Virus.
From http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/f1key.asp Microsoft has issued a warning against a new virus that they do not yet have a patch for ... it is attached to Internet Explorer and the user will get a window prompt requesting them to press the F1 key. Doing this then causes malicious code to be run on... 10 May 2010 17:41
Launching multiple antimalware app scans
I want to run the following on c-drive hard disk, and e & f drives (usb stick): MalwareBytes, SpybotS&D, Symantec AV. What are some thoughts on the trade-offs of launching all at once? My initial thoughts are: They will compete for CPU, which will drag the total scan time out. No big deal if I'm away all tha... 15 May 2010 23:32
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11