First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
New Version Trojan?
I am infected with a version of TrojanWin32-FakeRean which goes under the name of Security Central and after scanning the computer requires the user to sign up to the security service offered for $59 per year. I have attempted to down load removal software but it will not allow any .exe file to open hence the r... 12 Apr 2010 14:48
Microsoft Security Essentials.
I have Windows XP SP3 and for security I have used for several years AVG Antivirus free edition, AdAware and Spybot, all always up to date and have not had any problems. I recently discovered Microsoft Security Essentials and I am considering if replacing my exsisting security programs with the MSE is a good dec... 22 Mar 2010 18:06
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.beaf
Kapersky finds 10 infected files in the HP Recovery Wizard. How can I disinfect them? Thanks, Oreally ... 17 Mar 2010 01:25
Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.beaf
Kapersky has found this in about 10 files of the HP Recovery Wizard. How can I disinfect them? Thanks, Oreally ... 25 Mar 2010 22:03
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT different depending on who is logged in
In the aftermath of an infection, after deleting the file ave.exe from the user's profile, I discovered that a registry key is different if I log in as a different admin user than the one that was logged in when the infection happened. When logged in as the user who was logged in at the time of infection, HK... 16 Mar 2010 17:26
NIS 2010 Full system scan taking 6 hours
~BD~ wrote: Meg wrote: Hi, I have NIS 2010, Win XP. Hello again Meg :) I wonder if you will ever get back here again. I know it's not easy when posting from Microsoft Discussions groups! You will have noticed that Peter Foldes has already made a mistake in thinking you are using NAV 2010 whe... 22 Mar 2010 10:32
Very Slow XP Shutdown
I have an interesting dilemma maybe someone can figure out. I removed malware from a customer's XP Professional SP3 computer and I can start it and shut it down quickly, that is, within about 20-25 seconds for startup and about 10 seconds for shutdown. I had him scan again with MB and it turned up negative.... 18 Mar 2010 08:11
Not sure if it's a virus
I keep getting this blue box pop up that has microsoft info on it and it keeps telling me to enter in the words in the box. it say its from microsoft but once when the box displayed an erro it had a email address of support(a)recaptcha.net .. Please help it comes up like every 10 minutes and if i dont enter the... 15 Mar 2010 21:52
Spyware Blaster Database Updated 3|12|2010
Leo wrote: That is your breath blowing back into your face. Turn your back to the wind. Thank you 'friend' - done that? ;) Do you think Siljaline will now respond? Perhaps *you* know the reason, Peter? -- Dave ... 16 Mar 2010 13:58
Bump!
~BD~ wrote: Purely out of general interest, *do* you have any formal training and/or qualifications behind you? ... 13 Mar 2010 17:36