From: ~BD~ on
~BD~ wrote:
> Meg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have NIS 2010, Win XP.

Hello again Meg :)

I wonder if you will ever get back here again. I know it's not easy when
posting from Microsoft Discussions groups!

You will have noticed that Peter Foldes has already made a mistake in
thinking you are using NAV 2010 when you have, quite clearly, advised
that you are using NIS 2010.

Is there a difference? Of course! He should know that, viz:-

Quote:-

"As with previous versions, Symantec's suite offers protection against
viruses, Trojans, rootkits, spyware and malware of all kinds. Also, like
previous versions, it has a firewall, intrusion protection, e-mail
protection and Web protection. It integrates with your browser and
search engine to warn you away from visiting sites that might be malicious."

That was from the article here:-

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137758/Review_Norton_Internet_Security_2010_checks_your_reputation_

**

Now, on to his advice:

"Uninstall NAV2010 ....."

That is not easy to do when you have it integrated within your Norton™
Internet Security 2010 protection programme!

I suggest that you retain NIS, for which you have paid good money, and
consider advice from others before following the (bad?) advice from Mr
Foldes.

I have added another group so that you may have access to a wider range
of expertise. I am *not* a computer guru, just a user like you! Good
luck with solving your problem!

--
Dave
From: Tom Willett on
Raving lunatic.

"~BD~" <BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
: ~BD~ wrote:
: > Meg wrote:
: >> Hi,
: >>
: >> I have NIS 2010, Win XP.
:
: Hello again Meg :)
:
[...]
: **
:
: Now, on to his advice:
:
: "Uninstall NAV2010 ....."
:
: That is not easy to do when you have it integrated within your NortonT
: Internet Security 2010 protection programme!
:
: I suggest that you retain NIS, for which you have paid good money, and
: consider advice from others before following the (bad?) advice from Mr
: Foldes.
:
: I have added another group so that you may have access to a wider range
: of expertise. I am *not* a computer guru, just a user like you! Good
: luck with solving your problem!
:
: --
: Dave

From: ~BD~ on
~BD~ wrote:
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Meg
>>
>> Are you using NAV 2010 to scan for virus's and malware?
>

> What else would she be using NAV 20010 for?
>
> Please explain your reasoning.

I'll ask again.

Why ever else would Meg be running a scan?

--
Dave
From: ~BD~ on
Peter Foldes wrote:
> You crossposting idiot what was the reason you crossposted it to another
> group needlessly.

Maybe you have misplaced your spectacles, so I'll repeat what I said
before:-

"I have added another group so that you may have access to a wider range
of expertise. I am *not* a computer guru, just a user like you!"

Other folk may consider that your recommendation to remove a paid-for
product, which is successfully used by tens of thousands of people
around the world, a somewhat foolish course of action.

You have referred to '...winston' as your friend - yet you seem not to
have dissuaded *him* from using NIS. He's now an MVP. Surely an MVP
wouldn't use a sub-standard product, would they?

I think you may have another, secret, agenda, Mr Foldes.

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
Tom Willett wrote:
> Raving lunatic.

Which information on the site do you dispute?

http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/charts/competitive.jsp

No one likes a sluggish computer. So we designed the Norton products to
be fast and light so they will not slow you down or get on your way.

60% Better Overall Performance
How do you measure performance? Passmark Software found 16 different
ways. Combine the results and Norton Internet Security performed better
than any other security suite tested.*

Fastest Scan Speeds
Norton 360 version 4.0 scanned 37% faster, Norton Internet Security 2010
scanned 30% faster and Norton Antivirus 2010 scanned 26% faster than
their closest competitors.*

68% Less Memory
Norton 360 version 4 uses less memory than any of its competitors � and
a whopping 68% less memory that the competitive average for total
protection solutions.*

14 Times More Frequent Updates

Norton streams the most frequent updates to your desktop � providing
protection from the latest threats about 270 times a day or nearly 14
times more often that its closest competitor.****
Get a 41% Boost In Boot Time

Norton 360 version 4 startup manager optimization boosts boot time by up
to 41%.*

--
Dave - sounds impressive to me! (I'm using MSE now)