From: Oreally on
Kapersky has found this in about 10 files of the HP Recovery Wizard. How can
I disinfect them?

Thanks,

Oreally

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"OREALLY" <oreally(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Kapersky finds 10 infected files in the HP Recovery Wizard. How can I
> disinfect them?

Submit the suspect files to virustotal.com or jotti.org or virscan.org
to see if that helps you to determine whether or not this is a false
positive declaration (which I suspect might be the case).

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

| "OREALLY" <oreally(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Kapersky finds 10 infected files in the HP Recovery Wizard. How can I
>> disinfect them?

| Submit the suspect files to virustotal.com or jotti.org or virscan.org
| to see if that helps you to determine whether or not this is a false
| positive declaration (which I suspect might be the case).

Yes, it may be a "Kaspersky" False Positive.

--
Dave

From: Oreally on
Virus total finds 19% (8/42)........what do you guys think?

Oreally

From: ~BD~ on
Oreally wrote:
> Virus total finds 19% (8/42)........what do you guys think?
>
> Oreally

>> From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>
>>
>> | "OREALLY" <oreally(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> | Submit the suspect files to virustotal.com or jotti.org or virscan.org
>> | to see if that helps you to determine whether or not this is a false
>> | positive declaration (which I suspect might be the case).
>>

>> Yes, it may be a "Kaspersky" False Positive.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Whist you are waiting for the gurus, you may wish to have a quick look
here (you are not alone!)

Dave - just a user like you, Mr O'really! ;)